The CBOR Web Token (CWT) specification has been updated to address comments received from Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG) members. Changes were:
- Cleaned up the descriptions of the numeric ranges of claim keys being registered in the registration template for the “CBOR Web Token (CWT) Claims” registry, as suggested by Adam Roach.
- Clarified the relationships between the JWT and CWT “NumericDate” and “StringOrURI” terms, as suggested by Adam Roach.
- Eliminated unnecessary uses of the word “type”, as suggested by Adam Roach.
- Added the text “IANA must only accept registry updates from the Designated Experts and should direct all requests for registration to the review mailing list” from RFC 7519, as suggested by Amanda Baber of IANA, which is also intended to address Alexey Melnikov’s comment.
- Removed a superfluous comma, as suggested by Warren Kumari.
- Acknowledged additional reviewers.
Special thanks to Security Area Director Kathleen Moriarty for helping get this across finish line!
The specification is available at:
An HTML-formatted version is also available at: